Elbie at Trig dot Net
Mon, 05 Jan 2004
A Stroke of Luck
I've been playing lottery tickets on a continuous streak of luck, from a single scratch and win ticket given as a stocking stuffer to me from clvrmnky (who's site is as of this writing unavailable due to the relocation of his top secret headquarters).
Assuming I remember correctly, here's the path I've taken so far:
- The "12 Days of Christmas" scratch and win won $7, which I traded in for a Bingo scratch and win, and $4. Net winnings: $4
- The Bingo ticket won $3. Traded in for another Bingo ticket. Net: $4
- That ticket won $9. Traded in for another Bingo, and a Crossword ticket. Net: $7
- The Bingo ticket won $6, and the Crossword $3. Traded in for a Bingo card yet again, and a Cash 4 Life card. Net: $9
- The Bingo ticket didn't win. Désolé. The Cash 4 Life card won $4, which I traded in for another Cash 4 Life card. Net: $9
- The new Cash 4 Life also won $4. And it's sitting burning a hole in my pocket as we speak.
At this rate, I'll be comfortably wealthy 0.09% sooner than the rest of you. I'll remember you fondly when I'm sipping scotch on my yacht.